The Mosser Hotel Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At the Mosser Hotel we take the health and safety of our guests and associates seriously.
- We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s (WHO) statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies as well as local health departments and medical professionals. As the CDC and WHO share more information, we will update our policies and procedures accordingly.
- As a preventative measure, we further enhanced our cleaning, communication, and promotion of healthy hygiene practices to ensure the safest environment possible for our associates, guests, and other visitors.
- Our housekeeping departments now clean with quick-acting hydrogen peroxide-based disinfectants instead of standard alcohol-based disinfectants used previously and clean more frequently on a modified schedule.
- Rooms are put out-of-order for at least 48 hours before renting it out again.
- Items cleaned in public spaces and guestrooms include door handles, phones, remotes, and touchpoints.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are accessible to guests are located in all of our public spaces and lobby.
- For associates who have direct contact with guests (e.g. front desk agents), we provide masks, surface disinfecting products and hand sanitizer bottles and/or dispensers. They are aware of and implement the necessity of safe hand washing and hygiene practices.
- For guests checking in, associates request guests to disinfect their hands upon arrival and sharing hand washing, coughing and sneezing etiquette tips.
- Our managers have been provided with details of the CDC guidelines to share with their associates during pre-shift meetings.
- For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control and The World Health Organization websites, or contact your local health department.